The publisher of Edible East Bay Magazine, Cheryl Koehler, decided to feature a story and e-cookbook on the new Castro Valley Market. We put our creative ideas together and came up with a plan to make a trio burger dinner. Each store in the market provided its top products into a shopping box. The items all came into my studio and I created a huge burger meal complete with photos and recipes for the book.
The burgers included Ras El Hanout spiced lamb burger with Raita Sauce, BBQ Beef Burger, and a black bean veggie burger. Three kinds of home made fries from Yukon Gold Potatoes, Idaho potatoes, and yucca root fries were included. And a salad featured the vinegars, oils, and seasonings from other stores in the market. A bakery provided the buns while a butcher shop provided the meat.
Check out all the feature photos but most importantly visit Edible East Bay to get your copy of our new e-book and the story about the new market in Castro Valley. Visit the market, too! I really loved the huge open space, the awareness and following of social distancing rules and the fact that the whole market was all about food.
- Oaktown Spice market and all of their flavored salts and spice mixes
- Castro Valley Natural Food Grocer and the nice local foods that are responsibly sourced
- Baron’s Meats for a full selection of very fresh meat and poultry
- Seven Hills Bakery for rolls and bread
- Amphora for delicious flavored olive oils and vinegar